I seriously love my job, but anyone who works in the fashion industry knows the anxiety triggering schedule that can lead to a severe case of writers block and latte stains. What a life. At least I'm getting work done while sitting in the makeup chair before a major shoot, right? Pat on the back for you, Raquel. I feel like I've finally reached a point where all of those voices in my head have finally reached an agreement and there is a solid gameplan. Before I felt like there was something missing leaving me feeling incomplete. Something like Dolce without Gabbana. That missing accessory was called balance. I figured out that once I was genuinely happy with my surroundings, the easier it was to blog and stay motivated.
1. Visualize your goals in small bits...goals aren't met overnight and just dreaming about what you want won't get you there. Laying in bed in hopes of having an iced latte fly into your room are obviously a slim to none chance unless you have a private chef, then kudos to you. Hopefully your goals are on a much larger scale than a latte, per say taking over the fashion empire. In that case take one step at a time and create a path that works for you. Every success story is different for a reason and the only way to stand out is with originality.
2. What do you need to get there...well, lots of determination. Besides that you need more than the "I want to be a great blogger" to become a successful blogger. Blogging is something I never really knew could ultimately turn into part of my lifestyle. It was just an outlet to write from a different environment which I loved, but eventually I realized that it was much more than that. For all aspiring bloggers, it is crucial to stay inspired and keep the creativity flowing. Inspiration is what started me off and keeps me going on the daily. Now this can vary from blogger to blogger in terms of inspo whether that may be magazines, social media, other blogs, and so on. Just knowing what is trending and going on in the industry can also be a big help. Educate yourself in what you enjoy the most, work hard, and the success will soon follow behind.
3. Check your surroundings...so you know those people who are like questioning your future goals? Yeah, please tell them to exit your life. Not to be harsh or anything, but negative energy is getting you nowhere. In that case anyone who wants the best for you and stands as your motivational support deserves to stick around. Now besides negative people, there are negative self-inflicting thoughts that can hold you back too. Battling your fears sounds difficult and it is a challenge, but the outcome is as heavenly as a pair of fresh Louboutins. Once you reach a state of complete positivity, reinforce it by doing things to keep you in a good mindset like helping others reach their goals, meditation, reading positive reflection books, and the list goes on.
4. Trick yourself into staying on track...keeping you eyes on the prize isn't always simple. It is super easy to get stressed out when thinking about time and deadlines to reach a goal. Stop worrying about what other's think or expect you to do and make your own decisions. Knowing exactly why you want to reach a goal is crucial, so make sure that your reason is for your personal self-fulfillment. It's your life, remember that. Break up goals into long-term and short-term to make certain things more realistic. Also, the rewarding system will always work no matter what, so treat yo self.
5. Que sera sera...alright, I'm not trying to be your zen mediation life-coach, or whatever, but ultimately whatever will be will be. The only thing we can do is turn problems into exciting challenges and become a #GirlBoss. Things just work in mysterious ways and that is the beauty of life. There are many opportunities that will appear out of nowhere that was't written in that gameplan and it can sidetrack you for the better. Be adventurous, explore, and you are bound to grow as a blogger.