|Credit: The Talks|
Lately I've been obsessed with fashion documentaries as seen in one of my latest posts about Dior and I. I went back to The Moviehouse in Millerton with one of my besties to see the latest flick, Iris. This film follows Iris Apfel who is the fashion icon. She is 93 years old and still rocking her style down the streets of NYC. It is seriously amazing how talented and fabuluxe she is. From being an interior designer, Iris has an art and fashion collection that is beyond words. She even had an exhibition based off of her at The Met back in 2005. Iris defines the true meaning of fashion and she remains a huge icon with her witty and genuine personality (also her iconic glasses!). There is no one else to compare to Mrs. Apfel. She is certainly a #GirlBoss!
A few of my favorite quotes by Iris:
- "It's better to be happy than well dressed"
- “I don’t dress to be stared at. I dress for myself.”
- "I don't have any rules because I would only be breaking them so it's a waste of time"
- "I hate it when it looks put together"
- "Downtown they think they're stylish, but all they wear is black. That's not really style. It is a uniform."